BGE Phase (S1-S3)
In S1-S3 we cover a broad curriculum for literacy in talking and listening, reading and writing.
In talking and listening pupils:
- take part in group discussions,
- give presentations,
- listen to text for the purpose and main idea.
In reading pupils:
- learn to read with expression,
- read text to find information.
- In writing pupils:
- write using various genres such as story writing, letter writing, poster design, descriptive writing,
- learn to spell words correctly,
- write sentences using capital letters, full-stops, question marks, comma’s, speech marks, explanation marks etc,
- include all relevant information,
- Check over their work and fix errors.